A year of pescetarian parenting and related discoveries.

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3

Easter Menu

     Ok, I think I have finalized our Easter dinner menu; my first holiday meal on the pescetarian diet. The kids were completely uncooperative in helping me come up with a menu except to say that they really didn't want fish as an entree, and Grace was adamant that we still have my holiday mashed potatoes. SO this is it I think, and will be served as individual courses in this order;

baked crab rangoon
creamy carrot soup with bread
holiday cashew loaf with eggplant, served with
     mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, and
     broccoli and cauliflower gratin with manchego and almond sauce
Grandma's pineapple pie with whipped cream

     What do you think? I haven't tried making this nut loaf yet so that is a bit risky, but that's my plan. And I don't know what kind of gravy should be served with it. Any ideas? Here is the link to the recipe I am going to use. It's from RecipeZaar.
     http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Holiday-Cashew-Nut-Loaf-145246
     Have a joyous holiday dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I think this sounds wonderful - I would enjoy all of this. I love that the kids are included in the meal planning (much the way it is in our home). Happy Easter to you all!

    ReplyDelete