A year of pescetarian parenting and related discoveries.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14

Bastille Day a perfect excuse for mussels, frites and all things French

     Loved this post. I have never made fries quite that way and am going to try it. Teens will love them I am sure!  Bastille Day a perfect excuse for mussels, frites and all things French


     Currently researching the pomegranate. It is a super food, but seems to be at the top of even that esteemed list, so I am trying to come up with more ways of incorporating into my diet. I just learned this week that in addition to its benefits of anti aging, warding off cancers, lowering blood pressure and bad cholesterol (all of which are benefits I need) it is helpful to women experiencing unpleasant side effects of mid life. That would be me. So I have been drinking the recommended glass of juice a day, but want to cook with it too. Anybody have any good ideas? I'll probably try or modify a few from this site which has quite a few recipes on it, as well as lots of other good info; http://www.pomegranates.org/


    And a side note; yesterday my daughter asked me "How does a vegan get enough protein?" This is a question she never would have had a few months back, so I feel like my efforts have had some effect, and that she is thinking about food intelligently. It may sound insignificant, but it was huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment