A year of pescetarian parenting and related discoveries.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30

Tex-Mex Casserole


     Once in awhile a single mom has to get out of the house, but because she is single she has to have a meal for the kids prepared in advance that they can manage on their own. Enter the casserole. I think a casserole shouldn't be just a one-dish, easy to heat meal, but also that all of your food groups should be present there-in. This is one that I created for my kids. You can, as always, tweak it, to better suit your tastes or needs.

Tameri T's Tex-Mex Casserole

     In a large baking dish layer;
all natural corn tortilla chips (I like to break them a bit),
then one can Mexican rice and beans, (I sometimes use or add a layerof one can of chili)
then one layer homemade guacamole,
then one layer of your favorite salsa (I used chunky tequila lime)
then one layer of plain yogurt (I used 4 oz. of grass fed organic)
then sprinkle top with chopped cilantro and shredded cheese.

Here is what it looks like before it goes in the oven;


And after it has been warmed up in a 300 degree oven for ten minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment