A year of pescetarian parenting and related discoveries.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30

Special Meals and Manifestos

     Well, things haven't really quieted down around here. It's still raining in and out of the house, and the relentless rain is wrecking havoc throughout the region. But we're still eating. This is the recipe of the week I have chosen from Meatless Mondays; http://www.meatlessmonday.com/baked-vegetable-wontons/?utm_source=Meatless+Monday&utm_campaign=95e84e1cdc-Eater%27s_Digest_Monday_03_29_2010&utm_medium=email  It is another one that I intend to teach my daughter to cook, along with another of her favorites, crab rangoon, which I will teach her a baked version of also. I think that will make a great teenager meal, but will post the results when the tests are complete.
     Here are some shots of the last special date dinner I made. A spinach and egg salad, and an herbed lobster chowder with fresh bread and a good bottle of wine. At least I thought it was special. The expense and work involved certainly necessitate saving the menu for special times, but it does taste divine.



     Here too, is a quick video I would like to share about a book that is certainly worth our attention.Organic Manifesto by Maria Rodale, a third generation organic grower. Would love to hear from anybody who has already read it.     
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m2RGSUN8PUL4SP
     Have also been struggling with my Easter menu this year as this will be the first time I haven't served a hunk of meat at my holiday table. The kids aren't being of much assistance, so if anybody has an idea to share I'm all ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment