A year of pescetarian parenting and related discoveries.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3

Top Six Foods

      Have just finished checking out a report of the top six cancer fighting foods. The foods on the list did not surprise me at all. We've long known them as super foods with life lengthening properties. What did surprise me is the recommended quantities; about a half cup of each every day. That is far more than we've been consuming at our house, and I have been making a concerted effort to use super foods regularly for years. Even with that effort I'm lucky if I am eating a half cup of each of these per week. So this is telling me that I need to step up my game. I can get more of these into out diet more often, and with the cancer history in our family, I know I must. How about you?    And is that candy just about gone???

         The Super Six



  • broccoli (best raw)
  • black raspberries
  • tomatoes
  • walnuts 
  • garlic
  • black and navy beans

No comments:

Post a Comment